Parts for a G17A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for a G17A

I recently bought a cart(used) and have been trying to find out about it. From others and pic in other forums, It looks like a Yamaha G17A.

Now I need to find a parts supplier. Initially for tune ups, later for more serious stuff.

Evidently this model was marketed on the pacific rim(Philippines, etc.) and not too much(try none) info on this side of the puddle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

pons

pics:
    Attached Files

The G17-A was made past the year 1994 and you are right it was for overseas only. Your cart is the same as the G15-A except your has the electromagnetic induction system. I would assume that the engine would be the same as other American models built around 1994 (G14 and G16)

Here is some good reading
    http://search.yamaha-motor.co.jp/en/...ie=SJIS&page=1
    http://search.yamaha-motor.co.jp/en/...=utf8&mode=all
    Regards

Comment

It looks like the G17A. Now I need a parts source. I don't think I can go with a G16, Looking at just the air filter, they don't match. Getting anything more involved is too risky at this point.

thanx for the help

pons

Comment

From looking at search results (mostly in japanese), I have determined that my cart is a 2001 G17A.

My dilemma is finding parts for it. I would rather not have something shipped from around the world. Something closer (this hemisphere, preferably) would be better.

Anyone who can get a parts source can have my firstborn. (He is 30 and lives in Orlando).

Thanx

pons

Comment

So tempting, best of luck my friend!
          Regards

Comment

Hi,

Did you ever have any luck finding parts for the G17A?

We just bought one today, and I can't believe how hard it is to find parts!

Thanks,

Krissy

Posted earlier by pons View Post
            From looking at search results (mostly in japanese), I have determined that my cart is a 2001 G17A.

My dilemma is finding parts for it. I would rather not have something shipped from around the world. Something closer (this hemisphere, preferably) would be better.

Anyone who can get a parts source can have my firstborn. (He is 30 and lives in Orlando).

Thanx

pons

Comment

Anybody find out much about sourcing parts for this thing? Out in SE Asia these are common. It seems a mish-mash of various US models. We've been able to make certain US-spec parts work but others prove elusive. As far as OEM parts, a Japanese website named Monotaro carries many parts but they are crazy expensive. Here is a schematic if it's helpful to anyone for part numbers.
              Attached Files

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X