G14,16,19, &22 rear bumper repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G14,16,19, &22 rear bumper repair

I hope this helps someone on here. I forget how I tore up the rear bumper on my G19 but it had broke loose from the mounting bracket. I repaired it once and broke it loose again when I hung it up down at my creek. Well tonight I decided I was gonna put a trailer hitch on my good G19 for a trailer I just built to be pulled with it. Plus I am retiring this G19 so it's the perfect test unit. So I removed the bumper bolts (14mm). I took the bumper and brackets over to my work bench and tried to fit the mounting bracket back into the bumper but that was a NO GO. Turns out they are molded into the plastic. So I got my drill and dremel tool out and used the dremel tool to make a nice straight line, then used the drill to make the opening the right size . You don't want this to fit in there loose because if it's loose it will at some point come back out. So I made it a tight fit . I drove it in with a ballpien hammer then glued it in. MAKE sure it is in straight and flat. If it is crooked it will not seat right and defeat all your efforts. Plus you want it to look good once it's back on the cart.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein
View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X