1968 HD starter generator wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 HD starter generator wiring?

I need some help regarding the wire connection locations for starter generator on my 68. I believe when I got this years ago as a non runner which a piston and rings cured, had the starter generator miss wired. It seemed like once engine started the starter was still activating. Eventually it was toast. Have another one to put in but don't want to repeat what previously occurred.
    I've studied the available wiring diagrams on line but it's unclear to me still, what goes where.
    She's been sitting a long while and would like to put it to use once again. Any information, closeup pictures of wire connections to this S/G and where those wires are from would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping a member can chime in with their knowledge of the operation of our starter generator system to shed some light on my carts problem.
    I acquired a wiring harness, starter / generator from a later model which also includes the key switch and some other related parts. My 68 has a push pull switch in place of a keyed ignition switch which I'm hoping to switch out with the keyed one I have.
    Someone out there must know something more than I.
    Updated by jagtwlve; May 12, 2016, 11:07 AM.
Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X