2007, gas, dies when hot, after about 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007, gas, dies when hot, after about 10 minutes

352 Robin. New coil, plug, fuel pump. Starts and runs great, but dies out after about 10 minutes, and will not restart. Wait 10 minutes, starts again and goes, but for not as long. Very frustrating. Any Ideas? Is this a common problem? I couldn't find any threads on it. Thanks.

Wish I could answer that then I would know what's wrong with mine! But mine is a 1986 Robin 244cc 2 stroke and it will run fine for 20-30 minutes then it will either just act like you turn key off or if you stop it will turn over got spark gas let it sit for 15 minutes it will go again and so on and so forth put 2 carberator on it fuel pump new fuel line even put insulation around fuel lines just put new secondary clutch on it today done with working on it this week got to take a break from it
    hope you have better luck than me!

Comment

Finally resolved mine.

Check for crankcase vacuum leaks.
      Oil fill cap, hose from crankcase to back of carb, and the seal at the dipstick.

Comment

Ok thanks I'm really thinking on putting a low pressure fuel pump and bypass the the pulse pump on it.

Comment

Check rev. limiter. Its hooked into the coil. It can cause these symptoms. Remove the earth wire and start. If symptoms persist then the limiter is ok.
          check for crankcase pressure dropping due to air or oil leaks, check hoses. Clean the fuel pump. After that I'm stumped.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X