2007 TXT Engine noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 TXT Engine noise

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the same issue as me. We have a fleet of '07 gas TXT's (MCI 2 cylinder) and several of them make a rattling/vibration noise from the engine that I'm struggling to pinpoint. Its none of the obvious metal plates on the outside of the engine. it does not vary with engine speed and the only way I seem to be able to make it go away is by applying pressure backwards (towards the rear of the cart) on the front engine mount/pivot. It sounds like an exhaust heat shield rattling around, but that is for sure not it.

anyone else run across this ???

Thanks,

Ben

Id throw the cart up on jack stands and have a friend push the pedal. Throw on a pair of gloves. With the engine running at the point of it rattling, hold your hand with pressure over different parts of the engine and exhaust until you pinpoint the source of the rattle.
    Regards

Comment

Take a piece of 3/4 inch dowel agout 2 ft long and push it against different areas off the engine while running. It should amplify the sound so you can pinpoint it. Works on a car engine.

Comment

About not agout. Sorry.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X