Running out of ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of ideas

I have a 2003 txt with the 295 and it just doesn't want to go like it used to.
    The valves are good, new carb, new fuel lines, rear clutch has new slides/cleaned/clocked, new plugs, fresh oil, brakes aren't hangin up, compression check was 190 (seems high) and it fires right up.
    Here's the problem: I had 4 people on it and went to go up a short driveway and it bogged down...engine rpms wouldn't go up like you were starting out in 3rd gear. The belt is new and originally thought the driven clutch was not working/down shifting. it all appears to be working well. On a flat run it will start out good, but there is no top end either it just falls flat. Seems like its not getting fuel or engine is "loaded" up. The muffler is clear too.
    Like I said it starts out strong, but there is just no power...ive never had any problem carrying people and stuff to the lake. Once 3 got off it crawled up the driveway, but I was labored. I was also getting a "hot" smell from the engine compartment...not like exhaust or belts burning, but that smell when something works too hard...if that makes any sense. I ordered a new fuel pump (since they aren't expensive)....the one I have pumps gas, but its about a trickle. I read that it should at least "spurt" with the engine pulse although very low pressure. I got some great advice on some other sites, but looking around to see if anyone has anything different.
    I even switched back to the old carb (cant leave on due to leaky needle valve) and it did the same thing.
    Thanks in advance.

New fuel pump didn't help, although it pumps better. Engine just can get the rpms up under load and small branches/rocks will make it just sit there. Seems the hotter it gets the less power I have. Spark is good, pulse line for pump is clean and dry. Didn't help to take off air cleaner either. Used to carry 4 people with ease...now it just slows to a stop on grades it used to climb. Ideas?

Comment

Low tire pressure? Try running 93 octane gas instead of 87. Dirty air cleaner? Is there any oil in the air cleaner box?
      Regards

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X