2001 ex go spitting oil and backfiring thru carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ex go spitting oil and backfiring thru carb

My 2001 ez go gas cart with a 350 is spitting oil out of the crankcase vent tube and not running quiet right.
    History is I put new rings and in the engine. we had to hone one of the cylinders a good bit to get groove out, and it has a brand new head gasket, new carb and lots of other new parts. Now thjat I figured out my no spark issue I have a different problem. This oil is coming out pretty good. I readjusted the valves yesterday and it seemed to help a little. The cart just doesn't feel like it has full power and is backfiring thru carb some especially when I let off gas pedal. would it do this if the timing on engine it off by just a tooth or so. I am just wondering if when we put the timing belt on it we didn't get it perfect , I reallyh want to get this going

~~Well I took the motor apart yesterday and its not good. The one cylinder only had like 60psi on compression so when I took it apart I found out why, both compression rings were broke and hence shy the spark plug was bent. so now im gonna explore my options to either re ring it, I may bore it out I have to do some measurements before anything. does anyone on here bore blocks or know hoe much it would costs for the machine work. I have to decide if we broke the rings on installation or if it was because that cylinder has a small ridge left that broke them.

Comment

You cannot have any ridge when reringing the motor, it will break the rings. Sounds like you honed way too far, should have no more the .003" piston to cylinder. When honing you only want to make a nice cross hatch, you can easily destroy the cylinder by getting it out of round or honing too far. Get new over size pistons/rings, take the cylinder/pistons to a good motorcycle shop. Usually they will bore the cylinders for from $40.00 t0 $60.00 per hole. Yes you should do both cylinders. When putting the motor back together make sure to slather oil in the cylinder and pistons don't a dry start up. Don't forget its an air cool engine a good quality oil is a must changed frequently.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X