Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattly clutch and other stuff...

Hi Everyone,

I'm a rank newbie here. We just purchased our first golf cart as a work vehicle for our hilly property. It's an EZGO 1990 Marathon GX444 2-cycle, previously well loved and in need of minor TLC.

This cart basically runs alright. However, when you step on the gas to start it, and before the engine actually fires, the clutch rattles back and forth, making a loud "CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK." When I wobble the clutch around by hand, there's a bit of play, and I hear hard metal against hard metal. Is this the nature of the beast, or are these things supposed to be much quieter. Do I need a new clutch? Or is there some sort of rebuild kit?

The other issue would be the throttle linkage. It's very badly worn. There's a linkage attached to the top of the transmission that wobbles, and then the carburetor butterfly wobbles as well. I gather I can just buy an $80 carb to take care of the butterfly wobble, but is there some place I can get parts for the linkage atop the transmission?

We'd like to do one mod: We'd like to put a hitch receiver on it. However, we don't want to simply bolt it to that frame piece that holds the back of the plastic bucket in the back. Are there any good hitch kits that bolt to the boxed frame pieces on the side?

Finally, is there an online manual for this cart anywhere on the Internet, or must I buy one? I've tried following some links, but they're all bad so far.

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Sarah, a.k.a. "fastwoman" (more of a monicker for my dabblings in antique sports cars, but I'll use it here too)

No takers?

I guess I should mention that it's the drive clutch, not the driven clutch, that's clacking loudly. The initial clacking is MUCH louder than the running motor. It sounds as though someone is beating rapidly on the body with a claw hammer.

Comment

So I fixed it. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X