ezgo workhorse engine troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezgo workhorse engine troubleshoot

I have an ezgo workhorse model 84021 manu code l1796 with robin engine model 1EH35C (350 cc).

Here is a brief description of recent work done and what the problem is. See if you can help me figure out what to do next. It would not start. Ended up changing the coil--due to weak spark. It started and ran for 2 minutes then would not restart. Then changed the ignitor-- due to no spark. It started and ran smooth for about 1 minute then died. Then I got it restarted with some starting fluid. It ran for another minute or so then chugged, slowed down, and died. I am getting good spark. If I spray starting fluid in spark plug holes (yes spark plugs have been changed) it will only chug and make a sort of a backfire sound, and just turn over but will not start. Battery is good. Does anyone have an idea if this sounds like a carburetor or timing issue? or do you have any suggestions to figure it out.

Hi dduffett. Dirty carburetor. While you are disassembling it, make sure all gaskets are in place, and the crank case breather tube is attached, and the air mixture screw is set at 1.5 turns open.
    Regards

Comment

Which is the air mixture screw?

Comment

That screw with a spring around it right at the top of the carburetor near the intake manifold.
        Regards

Comment

New to this site: Have a 2001 350 cc robin, steady orange (not blue) spark coming from both coil wires and are sparking through plugs but engine will not start. Believe Pulsar is ok due to steady spark to plugs, just orange in color. Also: Can you advise where the ignitor is located on this engine and would bad ignitor contribute to weak spark? Cleaned all engine negative grounds from engine and all positive connections. Thanks

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X