Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion to 48 - on our 4th F/R switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to 48 - on our 4th F/R switch!

We had our cart built from a retired course cart, upgraded from 36V to 48V, added a Plumb Quick motor, upgraded the controller and solenoid and the F/R switch is a "high output" version. It's a 2008 TXT. Runs great but about once a year the forward/reverse switch burns out and we have to have it replaced. Have had the cart for 5 years and we are on our 4th switch. Guy who replaces the switch told me there's nothing else they can do to fix it, that it was caused because we upgraded a 36V cart and it will continue to happen. He advised me to sell it and buy a new cart or get ready for this to happen unexpectedly which it has certainly done at inconvenient times. We always turn the power off when we are switching forward or reverse to not have the power running through it which we were told may help it last longer. Question for you experts - is this true? Is there any other recourse besides sorry it's going to keep happening? What can we replace to stop the F/R switch from burning out? Sometimes when it burns out the lever locks up completely and other times the lever will move but no power goes to the motor. Appreciate your help!

Have you ever found your answer? I know they make a forward reverse lever conversion kit but everyone is sold out that I have found online.

Comment

I found the HD conversion kit and installed it my self in a 1999 ezgo txt 36v cart. Works great. The kit solenoid was rated for 36 /48 v at 200amps. I plan on converting to 48v.

Comment

I am also just now converting my 2004 PDS cart from 36v → 48v with an Alltrax® controller and 48v Roypow® lithium iron phosphate battery. Any advice on the best solenoid upgrade from anyone? I also have a rocker switch on the dash. Would that have to be replaced? Don't know yet, but if anyone has any suggestions for this conversion, 'twould be most appreciated.

Comment

You need a switch for 48v not 36. It makes a difference.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X