2006 ezgo txt/pds running slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 ezgo txt/pds running slow.

I had the red wire from the backup beeper that the previous owner unhooked short out. My cart still runs but only half speed now.Started checking out the wiring and found this. The red wire from the solenoid runs to the backup beeper, it also branches over to pin 5 of the controller plug. Pin number 4 of that plug has a red and white wire that runs to the reed switch at the charging port. I am getting continuity between pin 4 and 5. From what I see on a wiring diagram they shouldn't be connected anywhere. The battery circuit is unhooked and the plug is out of the controller. Am I not seeing something? I dont want to install a new controller if I have some wires touching that shouldn't be. The red wire from the backup beeper melted the insulation all the way to the solenoid.

I found the problem. Thanks for all the help !

Comment

Can you post your fix? Having this same issue. Thanks in advance

Comment

Apparently he cannot be bothered. This forum is not great. Basically abandoned.

Comment

For those experiencing a similar problem, switch your Ezgo into diagnostics mode, listen for the fault codes, write them down and create a new thread in the EZGO electric section with that information for help.

How to enter Ezgo Diagnostic mode.
          First, make sure the key is turned off. Then, turn your attention to the F&R rocker switch. Move that switch to the reverse position, then back to neutral, and repeat this five times. After the fifth time, when it's back in neutral, listen closely for a series of beeps. If there are any issues, like a fault in the system, you'll hear different beep patterns indicating what's wrong.

Once you get the beep pattern, create a new thread, this way we’re not hijacking this thread.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X