Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 EXGO TXT - power to motor cuts out occasionally

I have a 2005 36 volt EZGO TXT PDS.

Cart usually runs great but it will just lose all power to the motor and stop occasionally (lights and other electronics stay on). I can be riding along and it will just quit. It is usually after I have slowed down and let off of the accelerator, but sometimes it will do it just riding along. If it sits for a few minutes, it will eventually pick up where it left off. It did this once about 6 months or so ago and it just started working again. Here lately it has started doing it more often, and now it happens every time i use it. It is not an overheating issue because sometimes it will cut out within the first few seconds, sometimes it takes 30 minutes. I can hear the solenoid clicking when I press the accelerator, but nothing happens.

I took it to a local guy that fixes carts in his garage and he can not figure it out. He thought is was the wiring so he put in all new lights, horn, break lights cables, etc. ($200) He then replaced the controller ($400), and he also just replaced the Potentiometer and run/tow switch ($400). I put in new batteries less than a year ago, so I know they are not the issue. Currently I've spent $1200 and he has no idea what is wrong, but at least I have nice lights now...

Any ideas? Please Help!!!

Dave
    Aug 14, 2011

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Dave, I have a RXV 2015 and it sounds like i am having the same problem. They have changed the solenoid and it wasn't that, now they are saying I need a reducer because of my lights and radio,. and others are saying no it can't be that. Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?

Comment

A few of my battery wires were not tightened down on the battery terminal posts. I had put the batteries in a few months earlier, ant they were tight, but we live on a brick road so a few became lose.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X