Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 EZGO Medalist 36V Electric won't go forward or reverse ticking noise from controller area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 EZGO Medalist 36V Electric won't go forward or reverse ticking noise from controller area

Hi everyone,

Im a new member looking for help with our motor camps work ute.

A while ago it intermittently stop started when pressing the accelerator in either forward or reverse. I thought it was moisture related as it seemed to do it only if left in shed rather than fully enclosed garage. The issue seemed to go away until yesterday when it simply stopped while switching from reverse to forward and now will not go at all.

On further inspection I found a wire loose off what I think is a solenoid next to the actual forward/reverse mechanism and this looked like it came from a plug close by that had a connector missing it's wire feed. When I reconnected it the controller immediately started a constant clicking noise that only goes away if I disconnect the wire again. The wire is red so assume is positive. It did not fix the forward/reverse issue.

I have attached a photo of the controller and surround area. You can see the red feed coming from low down and a blue connector that I assume it should feed to.

Any guidance on what to do next is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X