EZGO RTV red light flashes during attempt to charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO RTV red light flashes during attempt to charge

I left my cart for 2 months in Palm Springs (>100-deg) and am having a charging problem for my 2009 RXV The battery indicator on the cart reads 1/4. I tested and found the voltage of each battery to be around 12v (48v from battery 1 to 4) - don't understand this inconsistency. When I hook up the charger I get 4-6 fast red lights (hard to count them) and then a single red light every 5 seconds. I've hooked uo the charger for a few hours but nothing changes. My first thought was that the battery voltage was too low for the charger to kick in but the measurement of battery voltages indicate that they are OK.

1) Could it be that the batteries are charged but the meter is faulty and the charger is faulty (unlikely)
    2) Batteries are too low in voltage even though testing in an unloaded scenario shows them to be at 12v.
    3) Charger is faulty.

I recently had a similar problem. I searched Google and found the owners manual for my charger that told me what the blinks meant. I also found someone near me who had a similar cart and was able to try the charger to make sure it worked. Good luck.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X