Ezgo getting weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezgo getting weak

I've got a late 90's model ezgo that I bought a few months ago and this my 1st golf cart so I don't know much about them. It has a aftermarket alltrax controller, power converter and a motor out of a beast cart. It's 48v (6-8v batteries), 5 of the batteries are less than 14 months old and 1 is new. The cart has never run as long as I would think it should. I'm using it on the farm with some hills. Lately I been trying to figure out any problems. I have found that the batteries are fine but the cart will gets weak like the batteries are dying and is slow on hills. I noticed yesterday that as soon as I run it, i got off and tested the voltage it was only reading 20v but steady climbing and within 5 minutes it was back to 48v. I'm testing at the solenoid, not sure if this is where I should be checking and if so, is this normal? The same goes with testing the batteries separately, they will test a little higher after the cart has set a few minutes.The cart will also on occasion jerk when accelerating. I have checked connections for loose wires and checked for wires that are warm and everything seems fine. Would a bad solenoid, f&r switch or controller cause this?
    There is also a yellow wire that comes out of the power converter that will arc bad hooking to battery even when the main cable is disconnected, not sure why? If you leave that wire disconnected the cart will still charge and run find but the lights won't work. Like I said, I don't know much about these things so I'm trying to provide as much information as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This thing is driving me crazy and I'm about ready to sell it if I can't get it right! I can only ride it about 2-3 miles on the farm and it's gets too weak to go up a small hill but after it sits a few minutes the batteries test fine.
    Thanks
Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X