how to test the induction throttle controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to test the induction throttle controller

hi, I am new here but my ez go txt is not working. the solenoid is clicking when I depress the pedal and I think that I have narrowed it down to the controller or the induction throttle controller. My question is how to test the induction throttle controller?

I found this and it really looks like my controller:
    ITS - INDUCTIVE THROTTLE SENSOR

With the key switch ON - Forward direction selected - Push the Accelerator pedal just enough to activate the solenoid.
    Install a "jumper wire" between the batteries BL+ post and the solenoid post with red wires attached.
    AT THE SIX PIN CONNECTOR OF THE CONTROLLER
    Place the (+) probe on the red wire terminal of the connector.
    If battery voltage is not present, the red wire between the solenoid and the six pin connector is faulty.
    Place the (+) probe on the black wire terminal of the connector.
    The reading should be slightly above 14 volts but than 15 volts. If the voltage is not correct, the Throttle Sensor MAY be faulty.
    Separate the 6 pin connector (only 4 are used) between the pedal box and the controller that's located on the passenger's side of the battery compartment.
    If the voltage goes to 14 volts, the sensor is faulty.
    If the voltage remains below 14 volts, the controller is faulty.
    RECONNECT the 6 pin connector.
    Place the (+) probe on the white wire terminal of the six pin connector.
    Depress the pedal slowly. The reading should be 0.45 - 0.53 volts just as the micro-switch is activated.
    Depress the pedal slowly to full throttle.
    As you depress the peddle the reading should move smoothly to about 1.5 volts.
    If the reading is incorrect, The Throttle Sensor is defective.
    REMOVE THE JUMPER WIRE AND (-) PROBE
    CHECKING CONTROLLER OUTPUT Connect (-) probe to M- terminal.
    Connect (+) probe to B+ terminal.
    The reading should indicate approx. 0 volts.
    Slowly depress accelerator pedal.
    The reading should show the voltage increasing to battery voltage when fully depressed. If the voltage is at or near battery voltage and the motor is not turning, then the problem lies in either the forward/reverse switch, the wiring, or the motor.
    If the voltage increases by a few volts and then stops changing while the pedal is being depressed, remove the orange wire at the "Reverse Micro switch".
    If the voltage is not at or near battery voltage, replace the controller.
    If battery voltage is present, the problem lies in the reverse circuit.
    Re-connect the orange wire.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X