2004 ezgo wont go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 ezgo wont go

The batteries are only 3 1/2 years old I checked the voltage and am getting 38.2 volts after fully charged. I am hearing a clicking sound near what seems to be the solenoid. i am pretty bummed out if it is the batteries again.Could someone help to direct me on what to else to check.

Could be anything from a bad solenoid to a loose connection to controller to f/r switch. Make sure you have full voltage on both sides of the big lugs of the solenoid when the go pedal is depressed.

Comment

38.2 volts is right at 100%. is the cart a series or pds?

Comment

I do not have voltage across both of the big lugs on the solenoid when the pedal is depressed. Not sure what type if it is a series or pds. Please help me as to what to look for.

Comment

i stopped at a Golf Cart Shop and he told me if it was clicking that the solenoid was probably ok. He told me to check the f/r switch the there are pins that might no be making proper contact. he also reminded me of his 75/hr shop rate if I need.

Comment

Make sure your have the black lead of a volt meter on the negative side of the battery string. Using the red lead you should have 36 volts on one large lug of the solenoid. Depressing the go pedal the solenoid should click and you should get the same voltage on the both large lugs. If not either the solenoid is bad or not operating. Clicking doesn't mean the solenoid is good.

Comment

ok I checked it out and I have voltage on both sides even if the pedal is not pressed

Comment

looks as if no one is very much interested in helping out guess this forum is a waste of time

Comment

Hey trying to help you out, been out of town for a few days. You need to supply more info like what model and such. Is there a resistor across the lugs of the solenoid, if so disconnect it and take voltage reading again. Need to know if PDS or non PDS to follow the schematics. http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html or http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html
                  Updated by Larry1950; July 8, 2013, 05:43 AM.

Comment

is your foward and reverse switch in the dash or beside your right leg?

Comment

It is a non pds I downloaded the service manual and it looks as if the controller is out.I went through the series of voltage checks and it points to that. I guess it would be a three hundred dollar gamble.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X