Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can one low battery cut drive time in half?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one low battery cut drive time in half?

My EZ-Go cart will only drive about half the time it did 6 months ago. The cart works great, but can only make it to a friend's house once when it used to make it twice easily.

I have Trojan T105 batteries from 2006 (I know, I am living on borrowed time). I made sure all the batteries were filled and the cart was fully charged. I checked the voltage on all the batteries (8-6volt). Six of the batteries were right at 6.2V. One battery was reading 5.9V and another was reading 4.2V.

I was hoping that I could just replace the 4.2V battery with another Trojan T105. Does this sound like it might fix the problem? I would rather not buy 8 new batteries, but I would rather than have my cart sit in my garage.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Actually you have 2 weak batteries, and yes that will cut drive time drastically. Under load those batteries are probably below 3 volts. Be sure the water level is right and invest in a hydrometer. You can get away with replacing the 2 batteries,but not ideal. Just remember that new batteries can take 20 to 50 cycles to work properly. You would not be the first to change out 1 or 2 batteries, Major expense.

Comment

replacing two batteries will probably ruin the new ones so why not stick in some Walmart or Sam's Club golf cart batteries. I'm sure the others aren't far behind.

Comment

Thanks. It sounds like I should bite the bullet and get all new batteries.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X