EZGO 36 volt TXT Series - Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO 36 volt TXT Series - Troubleshooting

Hello Guys, I have just joined up to the forum and I am looking for some help troubleshooting My daughters EZGO TXT model M301.
    It stopped going several months ago. The batteries were really old and weak so we just put it in storage until we could get new batteries. I installed 6 new Torgan T105's but there is something else wrong as it still will not move.
    I am a TV repair man myself and a Electric model airplane builder so I do have a digital volt meter and some experience with Electric power.
    The new batteries and cables between batteries are in. Battery voltage as it sets is 37.8 VDC. Unloaded of course.
    Turn the key on and push the gas petal and I can here the petal relay click. But the solenoid is not being engaged. I have the cover off the F and R switch and the speed controller module. I have downloaded the wiring diagram for the TXT series model from the sticky. It seems to me like the problem may be in the pedal box. Looking at the diagram and using my ohm meter I don't seem to be getting continuity through the blue wire to the red wire on the solenoid.
    How do you get to the petal box to check the micro switch and pot. in there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ricky
    Updated by rcrick; March 3, 2013, 04:29 PM. Reason: correction

In your manual, follow the directions for jumping the reed swith in the pedal box. That may cure your problems. By the way, your total pack voltage should be more like 38.3 or 4. Fully charge the pack before doing any further testing.
    Updated by pbsdaddy; March 3, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks pbsdaddy
      I don't have a owners Manuel for the Eazygo. I was hopeing someone here could direct me to one. Also, I was wondering how is the best way to get to the petal box si I can check it.
      The battery pack ison charge now. I will post the full charge voltage here tomorrow

Comment

Update - I found a service manual. Here is a link to it.

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf

It explains how to get to the petal box. Remove the plate holding down the floor Matt to gain access. I thought that was the way. I just wanted to make sure, before messing anything up.

Comment

• kz_lawnmaint
          kz_lawnmaint commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you for that link

Ok, I got the Ezgo moving. I think the problem is in the key switch. Following the diagram from the service manual, I was not getting any connection from the key switch. Wile checking the switch the thing just started working. Then the connection through the switch was working again. How do you get to the back of the switch. The front plate seems to be riveted on?

Comment

There should be a nut on the front of the switch. Loosen it and back the switch out under the dash. Or drill out the rivets and pull the plate out. That may be the best way. The rivets are common and any auto parts store will have a rivet gun. A handheld, multi-head gun will serve you well.

Comment

Hello my name is Chuck and my 2001 EZ GO TXT electric golf cart keeps melting the F&R direction switch control board at the D contact. This is my third board to be put on and after about 2 or 3 months the D contact gets too hot and melts the board. I have put another board on and now when I turn on the switch and push the accelerator I can hear the solenoid click but my cart won't move. Any help would be appreciated. I also need a technician's maintenance and repair manual. Thanks.

Comment

Chuck:
              Based solely on what you have written, my guess is you have a short in the system. It could be as simple as a bad contact or loose wire. Since the cart is 12 years old, it would probably be a good idea to, one at a time, disconnect every lead, clean it, lube it with dielectric grease and re-install it. That may well cure your problem. Make sure you disconnect the primary negative from your battery pack before you start.

Comment

2007 ezgo txt golfcart will not go. Good batteries just replace new solinoid and that dI'd not make it run. Any help please. Thanks, Carolyn

Comment

Hey Guys, I found the Service Manual for the Ezgo PDS here,

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X