36 volt solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 volt solenoid

is a 36 volt solenoid suppose to get hot? it is a 2007 ezgo pds with big tires and i just upgraded the wires everything else is stock

No it should not be getting hot, warm maybe. You have a bad cable or connection somewhere could even be in the solenoid itself. I have found bad battery wires can cause the solenoid to heat up.

Comment

i have replaced every wire on the cart except wires going to motor and i put a stock new solenoid on it

Comment

Well I had no problems with my stock cart, then I replaced all my cables with #2 welding cable, my solenoid started getting hot checked all cables a number of times and sure enough one end was bad, fixed that and never got hot again.

What else could cause a hot solenoid, now can you put your hand on it and keep it there or is it to hot to keep your hand on, again warm is ok.

Comment

I replaced cables with 2 gauge and I can hold solenoid but is hot checked with temp gun and it was 113 degrees

Comment

Well if you have a Temp tester What part of the solenoid is the hottest Check both large terminals Follow each wire up to the batterys Checking the Temperature at each point You will find 1 or more connections that are hotter than all the rest. Add up all the resistance and you will see it at the solenoid. Before you change wires was the solenoid getting hot, Was the old solenoid getting hot Maybe the new 1 is bad.

Comment

old solenoid was getting hotter then the new one terminal post on solenoid had changed colors center of solenoid was hot

Comment

What heavy duty solenoid do u recommend?

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X