Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZGO 36V Textron model 20484 CHARGER Dead, HELP Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO 36V Textron model 20484 CHARGER Dead, HELP Please.

I have a charger problem. It acts dead. No sound or output indications on the amp meter. It is a EZGO 36V Textron unit. model 20484 with a mfr date of 71497. I took the cover off and there is a large fuse that I checks good with my digital meter. I checked the rotary timer and it has 115V on the input and when I turn the knob the 115V goes to the little motherboard. I have 115V on both sides of the red breaker button so that looks OK. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this charger or point me to a wiring diagram please. TED
    Updated by tednruthy; November 12, 2012, 03:46 PM.

I have solved my problem. Reversed polarity on the wires from the charger. I had used a cable left me by the previous owner to extend the length of the charger cable so that I could leave the charger locked in my shed this summer while I was gone and have a person give the batteries a charge once in a while. This person reported the charger dead. The extension cable had a standard plug just like the chargers on one end and ring connectors on the other end. I had plugged this cable into the plug that normally plugs into the cart, run the ring connectors through a hole in the wall of the shed and hardwired the two ring connectors to the + and - terminals of the batteries. I thought I checked the polarity of the 2 ring terminals but must have not in my hurry last fall. Anyway. They were reversed and the charger sensed this and wouldn't come on. MY BAD but maybe someone will learn from it. TED

Posted earlier by tednruthy View Post
    I have a charger problem. It acts dead. No sound or output indications on the amp meter. It is a EZGO 36V Textron unit. model 20484 with a mfr date of 71497. I took the cover off and there is a large fuse that I checks good with my digital meter. I checked the rotary timer and it has 115V on the input and when I turn the knob the 115V goes to the little motherboard. I have 115V on both sides of the red breaker button so that looks OK. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this charger or point me to a wiring diagram please. TED

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X