Newbie with charging/battery questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with charging/battery questions

Just bought my son's '05 TXT. I had to recondition the 3-year-old batteries that hadn't been properly cared for. I've bought a number accessories: LCD light bar, brake lights & turn signals, side view mirrors, etc. I don't golf. This cart is to noodle around the neighborhood and visit nearby friends. We live in an unincorporated lake community with very light traffic during the week.

I have three questions:
    1. Do you recharge immediately after each session or run the batteries down quite a bit before hooking up to the charger?
    2. Do you leave the charger (PowerWise) hooked up continually during down time?
    3. How about winter protection of batteries? With no possibility of indoor storage, I've bought a new full cover. It can get pretty cold here in Tennessee during the winter so I don't anticipate much use for several months.

1. Yes, recharge after use. Never let the batteries run "way" down
    2. The charger will shut off automatically, if it's working properly. But, I unhook it. Wait until the voltage drops down to a normal full charge and you'll be fine.
    3. It gets colder here in Delaware. I recommend removing the batteries from the cart and keeping them inside. A trickle charger, on each battery, (or rotated around), will keep them up to snuff.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X