EZGO PDS Speed Sensor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO PDS Speed Sensor problem

I jsut bought my first Golf Cart. Its a 2001 EZGO TXT PDS. It worked great for the first couple days and then it began acting crazy! The cart will drive normally for about 5 seconds and then suddenly slow down. I put the cart into diagnostic mode and the "beeps" told me to check the speed sensor. After removing the cover I tried driving the cart again and when it slows down I can wiggle the speed sensor wire and the cart returns to normal speed momentarily then slows down again. Now that I've (hopefully) figured out the problem, I can't remove the current speed sensor. Do I need to remove the motor? I know there is a clip that holds it in place and its probably easy to remove if you know how to do it, but I can't see the clip itself. I'm hoping this can easily be replaced without removing the motor. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

After removing the rear driver side wheel I can now easily access the speed sensor. Its a simple C style retaining clip. However, Now I can see that the problem isn't the sensor. The magnet has broken free of the washer that holds it in place. My first thought is to super glue it back, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same thing. Any thoughts?

Comment

super glue will not hold very long its better to just replace the magnet and washer assembly its held onto the motor with a torx head screw.

Comment

Well, I ended up super gluing and so far so good. I'll try to remember to update if/when the glue fails.

Comment

Posted earlier by Rodwalker View Post
          After removing the rear driver side wheel I can now easily access the speed sensor. Its a simple C style retaining clip. However, Now I can see that the problem isn't the sensor. The magnet has broken free of the washer that holds it in place. My first thought is to super glue it back, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same thing. Any thoughts?
          Is the speed sensor located by the rear wheel?

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X