golf cart tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golf cart tires

Where can I get the best price on stock golf cart tires?

I just want the stock , non dot rated, size 18 x 8.50 x 8.00 tires.

The cheapest I have found, are about 39.00 each, plus shipping.

Any help is appreciated.

Long time no hear from redman34, hope everthing is going OK.
    If this is for your tire business, try these guys:
    Achieva Rubber Corp
    1800 Border Ave., Torrance, CA 90501
    Tel: (877) 328-8868
    Their distributor is:
    Advantage Performance Distributing at (951) 300-2250

Here's 4 for $139 free shipping:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/18x8-50-8-4-...item1e682af263

And Greensaver DOT rated for $143 free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-4-GreenS...item1e6604744c
    Updated by dougmcp; December 4, 2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I got a set of new take offs from some guy on ebay. He had hundreds of them, dont know where he got them. Rims tires and all. Great condition, one tire out of 4 has a pin hole that I never had the chance to find yet, but well worth it for the price it was
      Regards

Comment

Hey thanks guys.

I went to Sam's and Cosco and asked about the tires. They both can order golf cart tires.

Sam's are 36.00 each, and Cosco is 30.00.

Looks like Cosco is the place, once again.

Comment

This is the guy I purchased from last year http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Used-Golf-...item1e5f44a7c2
          Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by redman34 View Post
            Sam's are 36.00 each, and Cosco is 30.00.

Looks like Cosco is the place, once again.
            Glad you found what you needed.
            Is this for your tire repair/replace business or for your own personal cart?

Comment

These are just for a source for my golf cart flat tire buisiness.

This is an over 55 community, and most carts i've seen here, are for use on the golf course, so I don't need need the DOT rated tires for them.

And the people want something cheap. I live about 5 miles from cosco, and you really can't go wrong with Cosco stuff and their return policy is awesome.

I went and changed the valve stem on a guys cart the other day, and his tires are bad and the rubber is rotting. That is what made me ask about the tires, just to have a source.

The guy has a 42 volt Western cart. I was telling him ( he is a snowbird) that when he leaves for 6 months, he should invest in something like a battery tender, to put on his batteries, that will de sulfate them, and also will give them a trickel charge now and then.

Then when I tried to locate one, I am having trouble finding a 42 volt set up. I found something called " BLS42", but that does not charge them, only de sulfates them.

I see battery tender has a 48 volt unit that does everything, but I don't know if that will work on a 42 volt cart. I sent an email to their "technical
              support", but no one anwered me.

Would you guys know if this 48 volt unit would work on a 42 volt cart, without doing any damage??

Comment

I live in Sun City in Roseville, CA and it too is an over 55 golf cart community. Most of the carts here just run around the neighborhood and on the golf course. DOT tires are not really that important if it's not important to the owner and from what I've seen, there's not much difference, if any.

My cart is a Western and it was a 42v cart until I upped the voltage to 48v. There really are no 42v parts made for golf carts. Battery chargers are hard to find and expensive so I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding anything like a battery tender.
                Your guy is probably out of luck if he is going to leave his cart for 6 months at a time and expect the batteries to survive. He really should have someone give them a charge every month or 2. If he can't do that all he can really do is charge them up before he leaves, disconnect the batteries and hope for the best.
                If you need any info on Western carts I am really familiar with them and have wiring diagrams, owners manuals and parts sources.

Comment

Use them, wear them, replace them. Nobodys doing any high speed driving in the rain or snow or using the cart at highways speeds... unless your this guy... http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...-wheelies.html

Regards

Comment

Thanks guys.

I will pass the bad battery news on. Hey Doug do you think the 42 volt guy could remove one of his 6 volt batteries, and use a 36 volt battery tender on the remaining batteries, and a single 6 volt battery tender on the one battery that he removed?
                    This is assuming , he does this before he takes off for the 6 months?

Then when he comes back, reinstalls the one battery?

Where I am going with this scenario, is since there are soooo many snowbirds here, I am thinking of offering a service to install BAttery tenders on their carts before they leave.

Do you think if I do install one of these set ups, that they can go away for 6 months without someone having to check the water in the batteries?

Comment

Yes, theoretically you could use a 36v battery tender on 6 of the batteries without even disconnecting anything.
                      My problem with this whole set up is I am not a believer in leaving anything plugged in without some level of supervision especially for 6 months.

In the business that you're in I would maybe offer to recharge their batteries on a monthly basis for them or find a source for batteries and offer a refresh business for customers returning. You could even offer to remove their batteries, store in a warehouse, recharge monthly and reinstall when they return.

Canadians are more than familiar with leaving properties unattended for lengths of time and what has to be done when they area away.
                      My brother is a snowbird and his insurance stipulates that certain items in his home need to be turned off and the house has to be inspected every 2 days to look for any potential problems like furnace failure, broken water lines etc.

Comment

Doug :

That is an AWESOME idea! Thanks pal!!!

I will think it over and come up with the correct " verbage" for an ad.

i love your idea. You Rock!!!

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Comment

Good luck with the new business!

Comment

awesome
                            Regards

Comment

craigslist

Comment

My local EZ dealer has plenty from take offs. No, they are not new but for like $10 for tire and wheel, seems like a no brainer.. It is easier to swap a wheel than find a leak.
                                03 E-Z-Go, DCX 400, currently 36vt, 4in, brush guard, 22in Saharas, 12in ITPs, Screaming Yellow, 30MPH :mrgreen: 99 Oasis converted to a MPT 1200, 4in lift, Silver Metallic Pink matching 12in ITP wheels, 08 MPT 1200 in progress, 05 Club Car DS Gasser

Comment

Posted earlier by kgsc View Post
                                  My local EZ dealer has plenty from take offs. No, they are not new but for like $10 for tire and wheel, seems like a no brainer.. It is easier to swap a wheel than find a leak.
                                  You beat me to it.
                                  Ask your local shop if he has any stock wheels and tires he wants to get rid of.
                                  sigpic
                                  I'm here to help!
                                  There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I think I have like 3 sets myself. The local recycle place won't take them unless the wheel and tire are separate so we have been taking a saws all to the old tires and cutting them off the rim. Faster and more fun than the tire machine
                                    03 E-Z-Go, DCX 400, currently 36vt, 4in, brush guard, 22in Saharas, 12in ITPs, Screaming Yellow, 30MPH :mrgreen: 99 Oasis converted to a MPT 1200, 4in lift, Silver Metallic Pink matching 12in ITP wheels, 08 MPT 1200 in progress, 05 Club Car DS Gasser

Comment

Has anyone tried these Greenball-Greensaver-Plus 215/60-8 tires from Costco or Sam's Club. Will they fit our regular 8" rims on an RXV? http://www.samsclub.com/sams/greenba...prod3110291.ip

Comment

Many golf cart dealers have nearly new stock tires from $5-10 each. They take them of of new and used carts that they upgrade to resale. My dad bought a set of 4 new tires on stock wheels for $100 out the door at our local dealer.

Comment

I bought a set of 4 new tires on new stock wheel for a PDS cart from my local dealer. They take them off new carts when they upgrade to nicer wheels. Bought all for for $75 out the door. You might check local.

Comment

I'm still looking for some wheels for my 2009 Ezgo RXV. What offset do I need to look for in a 10 or 12 inch wheel. I need to have the tires stay close to stock offset as possible so they don't stick outside the wheel wells. We have speed bumps on our course and the stock tires fit through opening in the speed bumps. If the offset is greater to the outside they can hit the bumps.
                                            Updated by rlewis123; July 10, 2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I have a bunch of used stock tires on stock rims for sale. $60 a set plus shipping.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                              X