Re - wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re - wiring

Hey guys just finished the re-wiring of my 96 TXT series cart what do you think?

Before and After Pics.
    Attached Files

Nice job on the rewire Ryan!
    Glad to see you stayed with the contactors instead of trying to go back to the archaic way the factory originally did these carts.
    Just curious as to why you installed the plates under the batteries?

Comment

Tons of work (and zip ties) but what a beautiful job! Thanks for showing us and keep the pics coming!!!!
      Regards

Comment

Thats a clean job.

Comment

Yeah got told the electrically way of switching F&R was a better way so stayed with it.
          Plates are for more support for batteries and it looks good haha.
          Cables tie yes as i love cable ties and neat ness so had to it took a while tho prob 4 days worth.

Comment

Posted earlier by Ryan_84 View Post
            Yeah got told the electrically way of switching F&R was a better way so stayed with it.
            Plates are for more support for batteries and it looks good haha.
            Cables tie yes as i love cable ties and neat ness so had to it took a while tho prob 4 days worth.
            I saw your post on another site and mentioned there that you should stay with the contactor set up while others were trying to convince you to wire it back to factory specs.
            Although the plate support for the batteries looks nice, I would be aware that it may or may not be a problem with the aluminum plate on the steel frame for the batteries. The issue is that you may create is electrolysis from having dissimilar metals and you may be creating a corrosion problem. There is also no place for any battery overflow from charging to drop to.
            I'm not poo-pooing this just pointing out what I see.
            I really like how neat it is and all tied together, nice work!
            Updated by dougmcp; November 1, 2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Cheers doug i take all comments with a grain of salt good or bad. Yeah not shore how it will go the plate it was more there for some support than look hehe.
              Updated by dougmcp; November 2, 2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by Ryan_84 View Post
                Cheers doug i take all comments with a grain of salt good or bad. Yeah not shore how it will go the plate it was more there for some support than look hehe.
                I agree that comments you receive are sometimes worth the price you paid - $0.
                Keep up the good work and good luck with the cart.

Comment

Just wondering could the diamond plate eat into the battery case? Seems like a lot of texture. Maybe turn it over and it will look nice from the bottom. LOL
                  Mike

Comment

Posted earlier by mljstar View Post
                    Just wondering could the diamond plate eat into the battery case? Seems like a lot of texture. Maybe turn it over and it will look nice from the bottom. LOL
                    Mike
                    Good point and It will, but the plastic is pretty thick and will not cause a leak.
                    Regards

Comment

Drill some vent holes in the plate to let air come in the battery area for cooling and any run off when chargering and when washing the cart down. Nice job on the wiring by the way. Would you care to do my next job!
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!
                      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

No prob Andy let me know where and where haha it was fun and i learnt alot from doing it.

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

The diamond plate shouldn't have any effect on the battery bottoms unless they are permitted to slide or bounce. If they a tightly and securely held in place, it shouldn't make any difference if the surface is flat or textured.
                            Looks real good, BTW. I wonder how much extra wire you wil have used by the time you get the batteries in.

Comment

Hey Ryan, could you share the original wiring schematic? I am going to start a rewiring job on a TXT 1999

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X