1999 EZ Go doesn't go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 EZ Go doesn't go

This is a 36 volt "Arnold Palmer" golf cart. About a year ago, it got stubborn. Sometimes it wouldn't go in reverse. Sometimes it would. Then it started acting up in forward, although a little push would make it kind of "catch" suddenly, and then it would go. Now it won't move at all. it's charged up, but it doesn't make any sound in either gear. Can someone help? I never did anthing this before, but I'm not stupid, so if someone will point me in the right direction I should be able to do it. Thanks.

I am not familiar with an "Arnold Palmer" golf cart but for the time being I will assume it's just a 1999 Ezgo with some A/P options.
    Is the cart a series motor cart or a DCS (sepex) motor cart?
    If it has a run/tow switch on the controller cover under the seat it is a DCS.
    If it has a 18" rod under the seat running from the F/R switch across to the passenger side it's a series cart.
    Have you checked the voltage of the battery pack at the charger receptacle, it should be between 37v and 38v +/-.
    Are the cables all clean and tight?

Yours will either be the R/H or the L/H type:

Comment

Msknot, please post the Manufacturers/Model Number located on the serial number tag aswell.
      Regards

Comment

The plate inside the passenger side glove box says "G199" and "1185548"
        The plate inside the driver side glove box says "360 6 KG"

Comment

More Numbers: I took off what looks like the 2nd controller cover in the diagram sent by DougMCP. There isn't any run/tow switch. There is a LEVER Forward & Reverse switch. The thing under the cover has numbers also; it says "Curtis PMC"
          "P/N 25864G05" and "S/N 9116-P004670"
          The cart itself says "Freedom" on both sides. I thought maybe I need a service manual, but they're expensive and I'm not sure which one I need.
          It DOES have the 18" rod, so I guess its a Series cart?"
          Updated by msknot; September 6, 2011, 10:47 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

Posted earlier by msknot View Post
            The plate inside the passenger side glove box says "G199" and "1185548"
            The plate inside the driver side glove box says "360 6 KG"
            G199 is the manufacturing number and 1185548 is the serial number, the other one on the driver's side is the rated load and it irrelevant when any info is needed.
            Your cart is a Model Year: 1999, Make/Model: Electric TXT, Freedom Golf Car.
            We are still not sure if it is a series motor or DCS motor cart, did you determine that yet?
            Updated by dougmcp; September 6, 2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by msknot View Post
              More Numbers: I took off what looks like the 2nd controller cover in the diagram sent by DougMCP. There isn't any run/tow switch. There is a LEVER Forward & Reverse switch. The thing under the cover has numbers also; it says "Curtis PMC"
              "P/N 25864G05" and "S/N 9116-P004670"
              The cart itself says "Freedom" on both sides. I thought maybe I need a service manual, but they're expensive and I'm not sure which one I need.
              It DOES have the 18" rod, so I guess its a Series cart?"
              It is a series cart.
              I have a service manual for your cart but it is a huge file (88.3MB).
              I think this link still has the service manual for your cart: http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
              It is for carts 2001 and up but everything is the same for your cart.
              Try and download it and save it to your hard drive for future reference.

Comment

• kz_lawnmaint
                kz_lawnmaint commented
                Editing a comment
                dougmcp thank you for the link

Thank you! I have a lot more information now. The first thing I'm going to do it get a volt tester, and then I'll start trying to figure things out. At least I should be able to know which parts I need. I hope you don't mind if I keep posting things here.

Comment

No problem msknot.
                You can get a digital voltmeter from places like Harbor Freight, Autozone, Home Dept, Ace, Sears etc, expect to pay anywhere between $6 and $25 depending on where you go.
                We can talk you through the use of these, they're pretty simple.
                They all look similar to these:

Comment

I'm so grateful. I hope you guys don't get tired of me! I followed the link you sent me and downloaded and printed out the service manual. What a revelation that is.

Comment

Tons of good information in here, nice info Doug
                    Regards

Comment

My EZ Go is fixed and fine, thanks to all the help from this site. The problem was that the contacts on the F & R Switch board were worn down. I replaced the switch board, and I'm back on the road! Thanks to everyone, especially to Doug who sent the link to the service manual.

Comment

Glad it's all fixed and running well for you.
                        Stop by from time to time, say hi and let us know how the cart is doing.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X