2007 clubcar squeaks but won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 clubcar squeaks but won't start

Just bought my cart 5 days ago and it ran like new. I tried to start it yesterday and all it would do was turn over. I tryed it today and i heard a noise and it's like it's locked up. It's like it's trying to turn over but straining to do so. Help plz!

The battery is 1 year old and I took it off and charged it. It's like it doesn't have enough power to turn the motor over even though it was running fine yesterday. I just very frustrated cause it's like new. I did hit the Rev limiter

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello Dbrock, Welcome to Golf Carts Forum

I'm here to help. Now I gotta make sure no major damage has been done to this engine first, to check this I need you to try to spin the main clutch off the engine by hand. It should move freely and then with resistance. If so, that's a good sign.
      Regards

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply. The man I bought it from was nice enough to come check it out for me and ended up taking it to his cart shop and they fixed it. It was something to do with the carburetor flap or something like that. It's runs good except it smells like burning oil now. It doesn't leak oil or smoke so don't know what's causing that

Comment

Thanks for the update. Burning smell: Check all fluid levels, if no visible leaks continue to drive. Could be the mechanic with greasy fingers touched the muffler when cleaning the carburetor and now when the engine gets warm it burns off the greasy finger prints. It will burn off eventually. Stop immediately if the smell gets considerably worse.
          Regards

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X