oil in the surge line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in the surge line

Im new here. Thanks for letting me join.

I have a 2006 gas club car. It has been sitting a couple years but was running when I parked it.(travel with work) I cleaned the carb and put it back together but it still wont start. For some reason the crankcase is pressurizing enough that its sending oil through the surge line into the fuel pump. Since the start of this problem I have changed the oil, put on a fresh fuel filter, and looked for any signs of blockage. Any ideas? I bought the maintenance manual and parts manual. There is a reed valve in the parts manual but cant find it in the maintenance manual.

Dave

Hello davecarney2,

Welcome to Golf Carts Forum,

On the carburetor there 1 or 2 valves that must be adjusted 1.5-2 turns from fully closed. You're looking for fuel, spark and compression. Check to make sure you did not overfill the oil and drain any excess if need be. If you are sure the oil and carburetor are set right, pull off the air cleaner and spray a couple fast shots of starter fluid into the carburetor while trying to start. If the engine fires, there is an issue with fuel delivery.
    Updated by Michael Eddie; March 13, 2017, 09:59 PM.
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X