97 club car won't turn over when peddles depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 club car won't turn over when peddles depressed

I'm a newbie, bought a 97 gas club car that ran fine. Decided to clean it up and paint. After putting body back on, tried starting but nothing. Rewired per diagram, new battery, new selnoid, new micro switchs, when you press on the gas peddle the selnoid does not pull in. With the key on both small posts have 12 volts is that correct? What is supposed to happen when you press the peddle? I know it has to be something simple, but I'm about to give and take it to a shop. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey Rsawyer, with everything attached and ready to go, try jumping the solenoid with a 12 gage jumper cable, does it turn over?
    Regards

Comment

Yes, did that, and it does.

Comment

Check the fuses. Then recheck your wiring with a wiring diagram. You may have crossed a wire somewhere, or left something disconnected. Double check the micro switches are hooked up correctly... You can use this diagram here http://www.golfcartsforum.com/forum/...wiring-diagram
        Regards

Comment

Found 1 of the new micro switches was bad, turns over now, but won't start. Seems to be getting fuel, and has spark, but won't start. I'm really starting to wish I had spent a little more money. and bought something better. Ant thoughts or sugestions????

Comment

Take off the intake tube and spray some starting fluid into the carburetor. Try to start it. If it fires clean the carburetor. If not, check for spark and compression.
            Regards

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X