Random No Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random No Go

Have a 2013 CC Precendent 48v. At first every once in a while, while golfing would get in and step on pedal and it wouldn't go. Would check the Fwd/Rev switch (some times it gets bumped into neutral) still no go, would flip switch back and forth a time or two and then it would go. Maybe happen once a week (being used most days at least for a few holes and 18-36 on weekends). Last weekend on Saturday at the end of 18 (and I had played about 9 the day before without charging in between) we stopped to settle up our bets, and it wouldn't go. I messed with the switch, it moved a bit, I let off the pedal and stopped and then it wouldn't go again. Towed it home, thought maybe the batteries were dead. Charged it up, took it out on Sunday, on the 2nd tee box it did the same thing, but then went again after messing with the switch. Made it to #6 where it stopped like that a couple of times and then wouldn't go at all.

Towed it home again, cleaned all the cables, charged everything up, all batteries reading 8.5x V and total reading 50.xx. Now pretty much won't go at all, will some times go, but then when you stop it won't go again. Bought a new Fwd/Rev switch as my repair guy couldn't get here for a couple of weeks and he suggested that there might be some corrosion at that switch or a switch issue. That didn't change things. Pulled things apart today and checked all connections, tested continuity of the wires from the switch to the controller, couldn't find any issues. Still nothing, plus now when you put in in reverse, no buzzer (and that was working before) except if you put it in tow, and reverse, and then switch it to run, the buzzer buzzes for a second or two and the stops. All lights and such are working. Before this last change, I was hearing the clicking from the solenoid or controller, now not hearing anything. Any ideas or just wait for my repair guy?

Your batteries sound a little undercharged, youi might plug your charger in and see what voltage your charger is putting out. Your batteries should be over 9v per cell fully charged.

Comment

Assuming you have 6-8 volt batteries, the charge is good. My first thought is the MCOR on the throttle pedal may have bad spots or intermittent open.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X