Club car ds conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club car ds conversion

I have an older cart with the 5 solenoid 5 micro switch set up. I have had problems from the start. Solenoids and micro switches go bad. Tired of it, is there a way to put a newer controller in to eliminate the solenoid set up? Worked great after the first time replacing parts, now it did it again. Also it hits hard on the last solenoid, to the point I had to add a push button so it only works when I push the button. Kind of like a turbo button in a video game. Not sure what they did to make it like that but it is dangerous for some one to drive it if they were to get full power from a stop.

Transitioning to a newer controller can simplify things and eliminate the need for the old solenoid setup. Upgrading to a modern controller could significantly improve the cart's reliability and performance. As for the hard hitting on the last solenoid, that seems like a safety concern. Adding a push button to control the power output isn't a conventional solution, but it's clever for managing the acceleration. However, it's definitely a workaround that might need a closer look.

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X