Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment

Hi, maybe it's me but I didn't see a search for this topic and I'm sure it's here. Anyway, I have a 2015 precedent and have been through 2 sets of front tires in a short time. I am using 12 inch low profile tires. The cart is not lifted although I see shackles in the back, I don't know if this if factory. The front end was aligned properly each time the new set went on. The current set is uniformly bald. The rear tires are fine and never replaced. Any suggestions? Thanks.

While the rear shackles might seem unusual, they're often part of a lift kit and shouldn't impact the front tire wear directly.

For alignment specifics, on a Club Car Precedent, the alignment generally involves adjusting the toe-in, camber, and caster angles. Proper toe-in is crucial; it's the angle at which the front of the tires are closer together than the rear. Too much toe-in can cause excessive wear on the inside edges of the tires, while too little can wear the outer edges.

Camber refers to the vertical angle of the wheels. If the top of the tires lean towards or away from the cart excessively, it can cause uneven tire wear. Typically, the camber angle is set to be relatively vertical, ensuring even tire contact with the ground.

Caster angle is the forward or backward tilt of the steering axis. While it doesn't directly affect tire wear, it influences steering stability and alignment consistency.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X