2016 48v Club Car - Towing a Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 48v Club Car - Towing a Trailer

Hello! I have a 2016 Club Car Precedent 6 seater with rear flip seat. Alpha body kit. I want to use my golf cart to move my 16’ cargo trailer short distances and need a heavy duty hitch. Trailer weight is 3,200 lbs total. The tongue weight is 360 lbs. I don’t want a hitch mounted to the rear passenger foot rest (I see options for that) because worried it will bend. Looking for a stronger, heavy duty solution for the rear. Does anyone have recommendations?

My cargo trailer is for towing the golf cart. We pull trailer behind our RV and when we arrive at campsites we will sometimes need to move the empty cargo trailer. I want to use the golf cart to move the trailer maybe 10-50 yards away, let’s say (depends on campsite). Sometimes we won’t need to disconnect trailer from RV but for times when we do, looking to use golf cart.

Your Club Car Precedent, being a 2016 model, likely comes equipped with a pretty decent drivetrain. Now, the specifics can vary, but let's say it features a high-torque electric motor with around 3.7 horsepower and a regenerative braking system for enhanced control. In terms of towing, your Club Car Precedent, with its sturdy aluminum frame, may have a nominal towing capacity of approximately 500 to 800 pounds. This would typically cover scenarios like transporting golf bags, light cargo, or even a small utility trailer within the specified weight range.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X