2001 Club Car DS Jerks on Accleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Club Car DS Jerks on Accleration

My 2001 48v Club Car DS jerks and will not accelerate when starting from a complete stop. The 6 new, 3 week old 48v batteries are fully charged. The electronic box or controller is about 18 months old. I believe the controller was rebuilt & installed as new. What could it be? What else can I tell you to help diagnose the prob?? Thank you!!!

I had this same problem... Fixed by replacing MCOR ( accelerator or speed control ) located on right front frame, behind wheel.

Comment

As someone else stated, could be an issue with the throttle or its components. The MCOR (Motor Controller Output Regulator) or the throttle sensor might be sending irregular signals to the controller, causing the jerking sensation. Checking for any wear, misalignments, or irregularities in these components might be worthwhile.

Additionally, given that your batteries are new, ensuring the connections between the batteries, the controller, and the motor are clean, tight, and free from corrosion is crucial. Sometimes, poor connections or corroded terminals can hinder the smooth flow of power, causing jerking or acceleration issues.

It's also worth considering the possibility of a faulty speed sensor. The speed sensor plays a role in relaying information to the controller, and if it's malfunctioning, it might affect the cart's acceleration behavior.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X