cart accelerates uncontrolled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cart accelerates uncontrolled.

I have a club car electric 36 volt cart. It has the 5 solenoids and resistor with the micro switches in the box connected to the throttle. It has stuck wide open on several occasions, I turn the key off and it has no effect. Only when I put it in neutral does it stop. I have replaced 3 of the solenoids and 3 of the micro switches. I guess I should replace the other 2 as well. What the heck causes it to hang up? When you push the pedal to the last position, activating the #5 micro switch it is like you hit a nitrous kit. It hits hard and hauls ass. So having that condition I wired a push button to the #5 solenoid, I can use the button when I want to go fast or when going uphill. That way you can control when you want the added power. This thing is not reliable and I want to fix it. Any help would be very welcome, thank you....

Considering the symptoms you've described, it might be worth double checking the connections and wiring associated with the #5 micro switch and solenoid. Sometimes, gremlins in the electrical system can lead to these unexpected bursts of power. If the wiring seems fine, it might be worth looking into the throttle input.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X