Alpha Body needs fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Body needs fender flares

I have a 2013 CC Precedent that is lifted (RHOX) and has a Madjax Alpha Body. I bought Rhox fender flares not thinking about the body of my cart no longer being the same dimensions. I believe the back flares should still fit. However, the front flares do not adjust to the body shape. Additionally, I would have to drill into the actual body (cowl) to attach them if I find a pair that fits. Can anyone tell me if they have ever cut fender flares to fit? Is it reasonable to drill through the body? Is there some type of fender flare that is more malleable?

In the past, I've encountered adjustable universal fenders with flexible mounting holes. These often came with brackets that allowed for modifications to accommodate various body shapes or sizes. Sometimes, minor trimming or adjustments were necessary to align perfectly with the cart's contours.

When fitting fender flares to a customized body like the Madjax Alpha, adjustments might be necessary to get the right fit. Cutting the flares to fit the body contours isn't uncommon, especially for custom setups. As for drilling into the body, it's a more permanent solution. While it's feasible, ensure you're comfortable with the modification as it could affect the appearance or resale value. If you're hesitant about drilling, consider exploring alternative attachment methods like adhesive strips or brackets that won't require making permanent changes to the body.

Some aftermarket flares are made of materials that offer a bit more malleability, allowing for adjustments without sacrificing quality. It might take some hunting, but you could find a style that's more adaptable to your custom body shape without necessitating extensive modifications.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X