Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Club Car DS 48v.. Goes into a limp mode and has to be pushed up hill has no Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Club Car DS 48v.. Goes into a limp mode and has to be pushed up hill has no Torque

My Club Car 1998 48v will start out driving okay but then will only go about .5 mile per hour.. Because I bought it used and there was a lot of corrosion on the terminals, after two years of owning it, I thought if I replace the batteries maybe that would solve it. I replaced all 6 batteries last weekend and fully charged . After riding around for about 30 min it did it again. I had to push it up a hill. You could hear a clicking noise with foot on the pedal. By the time I got it back to my house the only thing that I could find was one of the wires to the engine was hot but thinking because it was the process of getting it back. One person there thought it may be the main controller but I want to try to diagnose it properly before spending any more money being I just paid lots for the batteries... Any ideas?

The clicking noise when the pedal is pressed might indicate a solenoid engaging and disengaging repeatedly. This behavior can be linked to a few potential issues: it could be a faulty solenoid, a problem with the controller, or even an overheating issue within the electrical system.

Before getting in too deep, consider checking each battery's voltage individually after a full charge and a bit of driving. A significant drop in voltage in one specific battery might indicate an underlying problem with that cell or battery, causing the whole system to slow down. If you possess a battery load tester, using it to evaluate each battery's health under a load could further pinpoint any weak links in the battery bank. Identifying a weak or failing battery can help rectify the performance issue and prevent unnecessary expenditures on replacing all batteries again.

Additionally, inspecting the connections of each battery, ensuring they are clean and tightly secured, is crucial. Sometimes, even a single poorly connected or faulty battery can drag down the entire system's performance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X