Precedent stops intermittantly; worse in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedent stops intermittantly; worse in reverse

I have a 2010 Club Car Precedent. It shuts down often and rolls to a stop while buzzer goes off. I lift the pedal and it goes again but not normally very far. It does this worse in reverse. It may be in my head but it seems that as long as I can maintain the EXACT speed, it doesn't shut down or at least as often. I followed the directions to reset OBC a couple months ago and it went back to working (I held accelerator down for 5 minutes; no buzzer sounded) . When I tried to reset the OBC this time, it continued to have the problem. I may not have held the accelerator down for 5 minutes (I didn't know if I needed to hold it down for 5 minutes or just wait for 5 minutes after holding it down 30 seconds). I'll also add that neither time I held the accelerator down for 30 seconds did the buzzer sound. We tested the solenoid and it appears to be working. I replaced the MCOR a year ago to fix another problem. In limited tests, it never shut down while wide open or during acceleration.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The lack of the buzzer sounding during the OBC reset attempts might be indicating a potential issue with the reset process or the OBC itself. When performing the reset, make sure to hold down the accelerator for a full five minutes to ensure the system properly resets. If the buzzer still doesn't sound, it might be worthwhile to inspect the OBC or consult the manual for any specific nuances related to the reset sequence.

Considering it doesn't shut down while at maximum speed or during acceleration, it might hint at a problem occurring within a specific range of throttle positions. This could suggest an inconsistency in the throttle input to the controller.

Given you replaced the MCOR previously, it might be prudent to re-examine its connections and functionality. Ensure the throttle linkage is correctly adjusted and not causing any irregularities in the signal to the controller.

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X