Regen 1 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regen 1 help

Hello all. I have a couple of carts. One EZGO and a Club Car.

I need some help troubleshooting a 97 Club Car Regen 1 I believe. It has the F/R rocker switch. And black T shaped controller

Here is what I know so far. The prior owner had the batteries stolen over the winter at his cottage. I got a pretty good deal (I think).

The thieves (dummies) rather than unhook the batteries, used side cutters to cut them free. Then had to struggle with the hold downs anyway.

They cut the large negative cable black drivers side (the one that passes through the on-board computer.) The large red positive cable and small red positive cable coming from the charger port.

The white and green cables were also cut, I simply spliced them together.

I replaced the 8v units with 4 12v RV house batteries. Charged them completely (49.3).

When the key is turned on the 1st solenoid engages. I hit the pedal and nothing. Batteries are good, cables and connections are good.

What I need to know is how to test the controller.

Testing the controller can involve a few steps. Begin by checking the input voltage at the controller to ensure it's receiving power when the pedal is engaged. This will help verify if the signal from the pedal is reaching the controller. Next, you can examine the output side of the controller to confirm if it's sending power to the motor. A multimeter can come in handy here to measure the voltage leaving the controller when you press the pedal. Additionally, inspect the controller for any visible signs of damage, like burnt components or melted wires, which could indicate internal issues.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X