Blinking Battery Light question redo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking Battery Light question redo

I know this has been asked before, however, I am new here and will ask again. I have a 2015 Precedent that has started to have the battery light come on after a short drive. It goes from on all the time to blinking the 5 second cycle. I have charged the batteries and checked voltage, 51.23 (no load condition). I takes a charge and the light does not blink once a charge is applied.

Any idea where my problem lies?

Thanks,

Bob

Bringing this one back from the dead. What ended up being the solution?
    Updated by Leveycr; April 14, 2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Any solution to this?

I'm experience the same issue with the battery light coming on after 10-11 holes (2 hours after a full charge) and then the blinking starts maybe 10 minutes later. When I check the voltage on the battery system, I get a 49.3 volt reading and the individual batteries rage from 8.2V to 8.4V, which from what I understand are good readings. The readings are taken after the battery light has started to blink. In addition, if I turn the run/tow switch off and then back on, the battery light goes off, but only for a period of time, maybe another 10 minutes of driving. Overall, there seems to be no drop in performance, but what I haven't done is used the cart for more than 20-30 minutes after or until the performance drops, I just haven't reached these levels (and don't want to get stranded out on the course).

I wondering if anyone has experienced this and discovered what the problem is?

UPDATE: I have two carts the one with the issue is a 2014 and I also have a 2012. When the light was on, I swapped the battery level indicator light from my 2012 with the light from the 2014. After doing this, the light did not come on. I put the old one back in and the light was on again. Based on this I ordered a new light for the 2014 and have installed. I haven't had the chance to run the cart around or through a round or two of golf yet to see if the light comes back on, but all indications are it will not. If it doesn't, my determination is the indicator light is somehow bad. I'll check back after I've had a chance to test it out.

FINAL UPDATE: I played 36 holes this weekend on one charge an no battery light. In my case, replacing the battery level warning light solved the problem.
      Updated by Chris Bleeds Blue; February 7, 2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X