Cart jerks at start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart jerks at start

I have a electric '86 Club car and I have dome some work on it so I have a general idea of how it works. This time I am stumped. The cart jerks in forward and reverse when starting. I checked the solenoids and all seem to working correctly. The micro switches seem fine as well. I rewired all of the switches and solenoids last year because it was doing the same thing. It turned out I had a burnt out wire. The batteries all show 6 volts or more. I replaced all of the cables earlier this year. They are about 7 yrs old though. Will this have any effect on the cart.? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

I have the same problem with mine. any advise

Comment

While older cables can pose issues due to corrosion or wear, it's fantastic that you've replaced them. However, it's worth ensuring they're securely connected and free from any signs of damage or corrosion.

The jerking motion in both forward and reverse could sometimes indicate a problem with the speed sensor or the throttle input. Even though the micro switches seem fine, they could intermittently misinterpret the pedal's signals, causing the jerky movement.

Since you've rewired previously due to a burnt wire, it might be beneficial to inspect the entire wiring harness again. Look closely for any signs of overheating, frayed wires, or loose connections that could be causing intermittent disruptions in the circuit.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X