2003 Club Car IR by Pathway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Club Car IR by Pathway

My Golf Cart has new batteries (2015) and has been running fine. Recently, when we are driving and hit a speed bump (we have a lot of them in our community), when we pump the pedal, nothing, we have to turn the key off/on to get running again. The cart runs fine afterwards.

I make sure the batteries have enough water all the time, I keep in on 24x7 charger and it is always reading full charge.

I thought perhaps one of the battery connections, but I tightened all of them. So, I might be a connection to ???? Need some help troubleshooting this

Thank you

While you've done a great job keeping up with battery maintenance and checking connections, the issue might still stem from a loose connection elsewhere in the electrical system.

Given the symptom of needing to turn the key off/on to reset the cart, it could indicate a possible intermittent connection issue or a loose wire somewhere in the circuitry. Start by inspecting the wiring harness, especially around the accelerator pedal area, as bumps might jostle wires loose. Check for any frayed or loose wires that could be disrupting the electrical flow when you encounter those bumps.

Additionally, focus on the key switch and connections associated with it. A loose connection or faulty switch could be causing this intermittent shutoff. If you haven't already, consider checking the connections to the motor and controller, ensuring they're snug and free from any signs of corrosion.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X