48 volt DS weak in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 volt DS weak in reverse

Bought my first cart about 2 weeks ago (2000 DS 48 volt). I pulled forward out of my garage and parked it facing down my driveway. Batteries are fully charged and when I try to back up my inclined driveway the cart just sits there. I hear the solenoid but no power. I turn the cart around and it will go forward up my driveway with ease. BTW on level ground the cart will do fine in reverse. What could be causing this torque/power loss. I will be ordering a service manual but I thought someone could steer me on possible things I could check. Thanks in Advance!

http://blockbustergolfcarts.com/Down...olf%20Cart.pdf

Comment

Given that the cart moves forward on level ground but struggles uphill in reverse, it's worth checking the connections and wiring associated with the motor and the controller. Sometimes, under a heavy load, there might be an intermittent connection issue or a worn-out component causing a power loss.

Inspect the wiring harness leading to the motor and controller, ensuring all connections are secure and free from corrosion or damage. Specifically, check for loose or frayed wires that could be causing a drop in power when under the stress of an incline in reverse.

Additionally, it might be beneficial to evaluate the performance under load. A load test on the batteries could reveal if any specific battery is struggling to deliver power consistently, especially when the cart is facing uphill in reverse.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X