2001 CC voltage measurements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 CC voltage measurements?

Please be indulgent here since it has been in excess of sixty years since I took a course in DC motors so it is safe to presume that I am a bit rusty on the subject.
    Last year I bought an '01 Clubcar DS 48 Volt. Four 12 volt deep cycle batteries in series work quite well.
    Recently The cart would move very slowly in forward but suddenly would begin operating normally. The situation deteriorated to the point that reverse barely operated and forward became even more sluggish.
    I connected a DVOM to the armature and observed that when I tried to back out the steep portion of my driveway the voltage declined to 2.3 volts or so tenths.
    I did some cleaning (contact cleaner) around the F/R switch. Normal operation was resumed but I continued to have my doubts so I set about making the following observations:
    Test environment: level blacktop
    Instruments: Fluke 12B to S1/S2 & Fluke 23 to A1/A2
    Throttle position: Full in both forward and reverse
    Forward: Armature = 41.6 (A1-A2) Field = .591 (S1-S2)
    Reverse: Armature = 18.82 (A1-A2) Field = .615 (S1-S2)
    The greatest field value I saw was 1.8 volts when the accelerator was abruptly depressed. The same was observed in both forward and reverse.
    My question is to those more knowledgeable than myself is: Are these the expected values on a normally operating cart?
    Updated by Dunn; May 1, 2016, 08:13 PM.

Hello friend,

I have read your post about voltage measurement. according my opinion is that our shop, sunrisegolfcarts is one of the famous shop for providing the electric golf caddy with new features.These carts run through remote control and electricity. There is a long battery have used in the cart for keeping charge of the carts. As a result, the electric golf caddies are running from one place to another place easily. The golf players have used the carts for carrying bags and other equipment easily.There are many stores available in the market. If you want to buy the cart, you can buy it at our website at very affordable prices.

With regards
    Allcott Juan
    Updated by Sunrisegolfcarts; June 30, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X