Need assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance

I have a 1986 Club Car Electric and I am having some difficulties. The cart doesn't seem to want to run in FWD. I can get it to run in reverse just fine. I have the 5 solenoid configuration and I can here the solenoids clicking but the cart just doesn't want to go. I hope I don't have a bad motor. Can someone with a little more experience drive me into a direction to go?

Thanks
    Dwight

Could be the F/R switch contacts or possibly a bad solenoid. Just because it clicks doesn't mean it's good. Check the f/r switch for burnt wires or contacts. You can check the solenoids by removing the bus bar and checking each one for continuity when you press the go pedal. You could also have a bad battery... check them under load with DVM.

Power flow should be as follows for solenoids #A, #B,#C, #D,#E from drivers side to passenger side. Power flow through coil resistors #1 drivers side, #2 middle, #3 passenger side.
    #1 Key on F&R in a gear, #A first solenoid clicks ( Drivers side ) feeds power to buss bar and one side of all other solenoids large posts.

#2 as pedal is depressed #B solenoid should click and power should go through #1 and #2, and #3 coil resistors ( High resistance low Speed )

#3 as pedal goes further #C solenoid should click and power should be going through #2 and #3 Resistor ( less resistance higher speed )

#4 as pedal goes further #D solenoid should click and power should be going through #3 Resistor only ( less resistance more speed )

#5 as pedal gets near floor #E solenoid should clicks and power should be going direct to 6 guage wire feeding motor and bypassing all resistors. HIGH SPEED.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X