1986 DS club car help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 DS club car help.

Just picked up a 1986 DS Electric club car. 1st golf cart. was able to clean it up nice, replaced cables and got the batteries back to life. but still no response and nothing happens when you put it in gear and hit the pedal.. I am stumped. It has this little plastic box with a beige wire & white wire that the quick connect tabs rusted and broke, I think the white wire goes to the solenoid pack. I'm trying to figure out what this little box is and if this the problem? any ideas?

Ron

Is the solenoid clicking? Can you supply a picture of said "little box"?

Colton

Welcome to GCF

Comment

taking a min trying to send them from phone to email.

Comment

No clicking, its like the key is off.
        Attached Files
        Updated by Ron8615; January 23, 2012, 08:51 PM. Reason: did not answer a question

Comment

and thank you for the welcome, I always wanted a golf cart. camp alot. just finally got the chance to get one.

Comment

My new toy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ron!

How long was the cart sitting uncharged, what is the voltage of the batteries after a full charge?
              Regards

Comment

the batteries were completely dead, so I mixed ebsom salt with distilled water than using a 12 volt charger I charged them in pairs ( golf cart chager will not charge if batteries are dead) once i had them charged, i then charged them with the cart charger. at the moment around 6.4 volts each and load test good.

Comment

I'm not sure how long it sat before i got it, the thing was a mess and left outdoors.

Ron

Comment

Posted earlier by Ron8615 View Post
                    the batteries were completely dead, so I mixed ebsom salt with distilled water than using a 12 volt charger I charged them in pairs ( golf cart chager will not charge if batteries are dead) once i had them charged, i then charged them with the cart charger. at the moment around 6.4 volts each and load test good.
                    6.4 each is really low (should be close to 8 volts fully charged), what readings do you get when you are pressing on the gas? (with the key on like you are trying to go)
                    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                      6.4 each is really low (should be close to 8 volts fully charged), what readings do you get when you are pressing on the gas? (with the key on like you are trying to go)
                      If it's a 36v cart then 6.4v on the 6v batteries is good. Odds are if the cart is a 1986 it's probably 36v.

I believe the photo you posted is the reverse buzzer.
                      Updated by dougmcp; January 23, 2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I just have a load tester and multimeter. with the key on there is no change or voltage drop. I was hoping 6.4 volts would be good for a 6 volt battery. it should even try to do something even if batteries are alittle low? any idea what the black box is i posted above? the bottom is where the two prongs are broken off. going to the cart shop tomorrow to see if i can get one. this cart has six solenoids in series it looks like one of the wires from that box goes to one side of the 1st solenoid.

Comment

I think we posted at the same time, your answers are above.
                          The wiring diagram for your cart is here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html

Comment

I think we posted at the same time again Dougmcp. Thanks for the diagram it's for the one I have.

Thank you to everyone for the help.
                            Updated by Ron8615; January 23, 2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

just got 1968 36 volt club car seems like 2 of the speed sensors are not clicking are these easy to buy ? how about a key? thanks for your help

Comment

sorry 1986 lol

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                X