events and locations where the Make-A-Wish cart will be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• events and locations where the Make-A-Wish cart will be

The golf cart is a 1976 Club Car Caroche concept street rod. It has been completely rebuilt for 48 volt electric high performance drive system . All the electrical components and wiring are brand new. It has a Curtis 400 amp 48 volt controller, 400 amp 48 volt solenoid, a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC and the motor was completely rebuilt and up-graded by Plum Quick motors. The golf cart is street legal with low and high beam halogen headlights, led brake/tail lights , turn signals, 4 way emergency flashers along with seat belts and horn. It has blue underbody lights. It has a hydraulic brake system that was completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake lines and of course new brake shoes. The tires are brand new Hoosier's 18.5 x 6 -10 on the front and 20.5 x 12 - 10 on the rear of the cart along with new rims. It has a GPS speedometer, state of charge meter and a hours of use meter. The body has been customized for this project. The paint job is brand new. The seats were custom made by Par5 customs, out of marine grade material and roll bar was custom made for this cart. It has a reverse camera that is ran through the rear view monitor. The monitor has two different video inputs, one for seeing behind you just like a rear view mirror and when stationary it can be used as a monitor for playing movies. The in dash stereo is a Pyle PLD96MU am/fm-mpx,DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/MP3/MP4 player receiver with usb/sd/mmc card reader built in, with an output of 4x80 rms (320 watts total power) which is ran thruogh JVC front and rear speakers( marine grade). It has a built in 12 volt charge receptacle for charging cell phones, I-pod and other personal electronic devises. The windshield and frame were custom made for this project. All the wheel bearing have been replaced. It has a B&M shifter with locking bar that has been modified for use in this build. The cart comes with brand new napa 8148, 8 volt deep cycle batteries (6) and a new 12 volt deep cycle battery for the lights,radio and accessories. It has a new built in charger for the 12 volt system and comes with a new 48 volt charger for the drive system. The motor, radio, speakers, speedometer, controller and both chargers come with a 1 year limited warranty

The 1976 Club Car Caroche Street Rod built for The Make-A-Wish Foundation
    will be at these events:
    April 21- 22, 2012. 29th Annual Mid-West Motorcycle Swap Meet, Marion County Fairgrounds in Indianapolis Indiana just off the I-465 and I-74 interchange on the East/southeast side of the city. a total of 56 tickets were sold at this event
    Sat, Apr 28, 2012, Oakshade Raceway, Bill Reckner Memorial, 12985 Co. Rd. 14-2 Wauseon, OH cancelled due to rain
    April 29th, Twin 100's: ARCA CRA Super Series & ARCA Late Model Gold Cup - 100 laps each. Toledo Speedway, Toledo, Ohio
    May 4th - 6th, Clay's park Resort and Waterpark at 13190 Patterson Rd. North Lawrence, Ohio
    May 11th - 13th MLmc Spring Motorcycle Swapmeet,9715 Anderson-Antioch Rd., Mt. Sterling, Ohio
    May 18th - 20th, Hog Follies Motorcycle rally at Vanderburgh County Fair Grounds, 201 E. Boonville- New Harmony rd. & Highway 41
    Evansville, Indiana
    May 25th - 27th, Sunny's Campground at 12399 Co. Rd. 13,Wauseon, Ohio
    June 1st and 2nd, OddPowers Spring National at the London Dragway in London, Kentucky
    June 8th - 10th, Emco Gears Classic Grand-Am road race, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at 7721 Steam Corners Road, Lexington, Ohio
    June 13th - 17th The Strawberry Festival at Holland , Ohio
    June 22nd - 24th, Abate of Ohio's June Jam, 34070 Sutton rd., Logan Ohio
    July 14th, Pearson park, Oregon, Ohio
    July 20th - 22nd, 30th Annual Antique Motorcycle Club of America Show & Race at the Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio
    July 27th - 29th, Wetzelland 2012 Motorcycle Rally at theWetzel MC Club, 20508 Van Wert Paulding County Line Rd, Grover Hill, Ohio
    August 3rd - 5th, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge / The Honda Indy 200. The World Challenge Championships, USF2000 National Championship at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at 7721 Steam Corners Road, Lexington, Ohio
    August 9th - 11th, Blitz Motorcycle Rally, Buffalo Hollow, 51367 Dickson Rd, Petersburgh, Ohio
    August 24th, Season Championships and Autograph Night: : SP, F8, SS, 4 Cyl. Walk on the track, meet the drivers! Toledo Speedway, Toledo,Ohio
    Other dates will be posted as they become available
    These are the places where the raffle tickets will be for sale at
    I hope to see and meet alot of you folks at some of these locations
    If you have questions about the times the cart will be at these events send me a pm
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; April 28, 2012, 10:56 AM. Reason: added dates
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

if any one knows of any large events that draws alot of people on the weekends that are not posted let me know
    sigpic

Comment

Lookin good!!!! Hope some members get to go out there!!!
      Regards

Comment

Sweet, have fun!

Comment

I have added April 29th at Toledo Speedway in Toledo, Ohio from 11AM till 6 pm and the drawing of the winning ticket will be held on August 24th, 2012 at the toledo speedway at the championsiph race where one of the Make-A-Wish kids will have the honor of doing the drawing
          also on Sat, Apr 28, 2012, Bill Reckner Memorial – Debut of Sport Compact class: SP, BO, HT, SC at Oakshade Raceway 12985 Co. Rd. 14-2
          Wauseon, Ohio
          Updated by dwon5; March 23, 2012, 02:16 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I've added this date and place; May 11th - 13th MLmc Spring Motorcycle Swapmeet,9715 Anderson-Antioch Rd., Mt. Sterling, Ohio
            Updated by dwon5; March 27, 2012, 11:23 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I have also added - August 9th - 11th, Blitz Motorcycle Rally, Buffalo Hollow, 51367 Dickson Rd, Petersburgh, Ohio
              sigpic

Comment

the people that run the auto show and swap meet in Charlotte have informed me that since the cart is not a car they changed their minds and decided that i can not bring the cart down so i and the cart will not be there
                sigpic

Comment

the cart will be at the 29th Annual Mid-West Motorcycle Swap Meet, Saturday, April 21, 2012 - Sunday, April 22, 2012. Marion County Fairgrounds in Indianapolis Indiana just off the I-465 and I-74 interchange on the East/southeast side of the city.
                  sigpic

Comment

on the weekend of June 22nd - 24th the cart will be at Abate of ohio's June Jam, 34070 Sutton rd., Logan Ohio
                    sigpic

Comment

for information on purchasing raffle tickets or to sell them at your business you can PM or e-mail me
                      Updated by dwon5; April 23, 2012, 09:26 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

the Hog Follies event has been postponed until Sept. so the cart will not be there but it will be at the grand opening of the Tas Electronics store at Springmeadows shopping center in Holland, Ohio and Oakshade raceway in Wauseon, ohio this weekend instead. 152 tickets have been sold so far
                        Updated by dwon5; May 17, 2012, 07:46 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

just an update. so far 423 raffle tickets have been sold
                          sigpic

Comment

the cart will be back at Clay's park and resort this coming weekend, so far there have been 615 tickets sold
                            sigpic

Comment

I have the on the 19. I will sell all of them I hope are buy them all myself one are the other. Thanks for what you are doing & have done for such a wonderful cause.
                              sigpic
                              I'm here to help!
                              There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
                                I have the on the 19. I will sell all of them I hope are buy them all myself one are the other. Thanks for what you are doing & have done for such a wonderful cause.
                                Andy, thanks for all the help and advise you've given me on this project and thanks to every one for the tremendous support
                                sold another 106 this last weekend at clay's park
                                Updated by dwon5; July 2, 2012, 11:01 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

well the total tickets sales have now reached 1117 with 5 events to go. Also on the 24th of this month, Summer, a 4 year old young lady who just had her wish granted in July will draw the winning ticket at Toledo Speedway. The General manager for the speedway is giving her entire family and 8 other Make-A-Wish families complimentary passes for the races that night. the drwaing will be between 6:00 and 6:30 pm that evening before the championship race starts
                                  Updated by dwon5; August 6, 2012, 08:55 AM.
                                  sigpic

Comment

to see video of the drawing of the winning ticket for the Make-A-Wish cart click on
                                    http://youtu.be/ft5Ku40g4hk
                                    to see the pictures of the Make-A-Wish families and everything else go to https://www.facebook.com/#!/2012GolfCartRafle
                                    Updated by dwon5; August 29, 2012, 07:59 AM.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    X