86 Club Car DS 36V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Club Car DS 36V

This cart was pretty much stock when I got it. I'll use it at the lake to help with lawn work and carry folks back and forth to the dock/ramp.
    Attached Files

you plan on leaving it stock or are you gona put a seat and other things on it
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Let's see what you can do with it!!!
      Regards,
      Michael Eddie
      Emails:

Comment

Yes, eventually a lift kit and rear seat. I think I'll leave it a resistor cart to save a little money. Started with tires that hold air, new batteries and new seats. Now I've got the front cowl off and fiberglassing some damaged areas. Next will be new shocks, heavy-duty springs, heavy-duty F/R switch, power cables and fixing some modified wiring. Someone had wired around the reverse buzzer and charging fuse. These mods will make it a reliable work vehicle for now until I can save up for the lift, tires/wheels and rear seat.

Comment

Ahh and thats how we get hooked right there !! Dang ol imagination gets the best of you. Go for it bud !!

Comment

Oh and a light kit, windsheild, voltage reducer and rearview mirror. Dang, I'm gonna need a part-time job!
            You're right Krustybucket, my imagination has gone wild. Folks are beginning to wonder!

Comment

Dont worry about it, when its all done, they will understand !! Just ask my wife !! HA

Comment

Got a floor jack. American made.
                Attached Files

Comment

Took off the top. Had to to cut a doggone access panel in the back. Took off the front cowl. Fiberglassing some damaged areas. New steering bellows and shocks. All cleaned up and lubed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Took off the rear body next. Years of dirt! Cleaned it up, replaced rear shocks with extensions, replaced springs with heavy-duty, replaced all bushings. New rear suspension! Whew!
                    By the way, will need to drain and refill differential. Does anyone know how to do that? Drain at bottom, fill at top to middle bolt hole?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lookin good Phil.

Ain't it amazing how much dust and dirt accumulates under the bodies???

Comment

Thanks Tim. Here are the pics of the new rear suspension. Figured out the differential lube. Does anyone know what that vent on top of the differential is for?
                        Attached Files

Comment

New Power and battery cables came in today. I'll work on those this weekend along with installing the heavy duty F/R switch. Hope it runs after I'm done!

Comment

Differentials are typically vented. As the oil heats up, it expands. Without venting, the expanded oil will pump it's way past seals.

Comment

OK. That makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X