my cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cart

This is my current cart and by far my favorite. Ill probably keep this one for awhile. Unlike others Ive built in the past, I made a Z-lift for this one and Im not sorry I did.
    Attached Files

What is a 'Z lift'?
    Gimpy

Comment

Posted earlier by Gimpy View Post
      What is a 'Z lift'?
      On a Club Car you have different choices for suspension lifts. A spindle,a-arm and long travel which all replace some or all original front suspension parts. A Z-lift means cutting the frame right in front of the cowl and using brackets shaped like a z or s to lower the front section down giving it lift. Most people are afraid to do a lift like this.

Comment

Awesome cart, love the lift. Looks like you might have been shiver when riding that cart with no cab and heat! Also, i was begining to forget what a gas cart looked like there is a TON of guys on this site with lifted electric carts but not many with gas! How do you like the performance with those tires and setup in the snow?
        Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
          Awesome cart, love the lift. Looks like you might have been shiver when riding that cart with no cab and heat! Also, i was begining to forget what a gas cart looked like there is a TON of guys on this site with lifted electric carts but not many with gas! How do you like the performance with those tires and setup in the snow?
          Its really good with the mods Ive done. Ive thought about a bigger engine but I rebuilt the original engine and just cant justify pulling a perfectly good engine and having to spend more money. I would like to do an electric cart one day. Now I know where ill get any questions answered,

Comment

Nice looking cart and there is nothing wrong at all with a Z lift if built properly. Nice looking cart.
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!
            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
              Nice looking cart and there is nothing wrong at all with a Z lift if built properly. Nice looking cart.
              Thanks guys. Im pretty confident in its design and performance. The Z-brackets were cut from a piece of 1/4 inch plate steel.

Comment

I remeber back when the z lifts were the perfered way of lifting a C/C! There is nothing wrong with them except people used them and abused them to which they failed. It wasn't the design's fault it was the people driving them.

Just as a spindal kit isn't made for jumping a cart but you see people doing it all the time. Sooner are later it's going to fail!
                sigpic
                I'm here to help!
                There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
                  I remeber back when the z lifts were the perfered way of lifting a C/C! There is nothing wrong with them except people used them and abused them to which they failed. It wasn't the design's fault it was the people driving them.

Just as a spindal kit isn't made for jumping a cart but you see people doing it all the time. Sooner are later it's going to fail!
                  Unfortunately Club Car frames are known to crack. Im not worried about it because Im not hard on this one (am I?). My son cracked the frame in 2 places on my first cart. Next time Im probably going to get a TXT for the next cart. Other problem is Im not happy with any lifts for a Club Car.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X