GSXR 600 Build Frame UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR 600 Build Frame UP

Still in the build process but getting close to cranking this baby UP!!!

Started with the frame off an EZGO Marathon.

Swing arm design articulates for off road action.

Front end 4 wheeler suspension.

Suzuki GSXR 600 fuel inj engine 6 speed manual clutch chain drive from M/C to transaxle.

All Aluminum body... Jeep Design.

Real working removable doors and tail gate.
    Attached Files

Nice fab job! I know it's aluminum but there's a lot of it, is it heavy?

Comment

yes, didnt weigh it yet. Hope its not gonna be a problem.

Comment

I don't think it should be a problem with the motor and 6 speed trans. I guess it depends on your gear reduction to the drive axle.

Comment

I have the high speed gears in the rear transaxle (6:1) and a 12 tooth sprocket on the diff end.

I think first gear will still be pretty low and if its not low enuff, I can easily increase the sprocket size on the rear end if I need a lower start gear.

Cannot wait to get it running and the bugs out so I can put the customized paint job on it!!!

Comment

We will be watching your progress. Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Sweet job, nice body work. Keep up the great work
              Regards

Comment

I scrapped the CVT thing... just to much trouble and to darn confusing. Back to the 6 speed manual with foot clutch and chain drive straight to the transaxle. Rebuilt the swing arm for more room to fit the header (wish I had the **** header when I started).

After I get the swing arm back together and the engine is re-mounted, I will re-fit the watts link and weld out all mods on the frame. The swing arm, axles and suspension will be taken off and all of it will be sent to get sandblasted, coated and painted.

When the frame/axles and swing arm are back and the engine is re-installed, I will then re-mount the alum body and begin the pains taking process of shifting linkages, brake lines, pedals, and cutting and re-wiring the engine, cooling system, battery, and FIGURE OUT the fuel system to get this thing ready to crank.... GEEEESH its been a long process!!!

The custom paint job and stereo system will be done after its running and the bugs are out. (hope its not infested with bugs!) lol

Comment

That is way cool!
                  I'm into sideXsides (06 660 rhino) and curently working as a fabricator making marine closure mostly in aluminum. so this is a real intresting to me!

Im curious about the trans-axle is it ok with the HP of that 600 engine? and does it have reverse?
                  Updated by Llamahead; May 15, 2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X